Coda File System

Re: venus randomly dies

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:49:29 -0400
On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:32:33PM -0700, Steve Simitzis wrote:
> interesting. does it make sense to tune or increase the number of rpc2
> connections per user? in my configuration, i have one user (the web
> server) that creates the lion share of the connections. unless i'm
> doing maintenance to the site, that users is the only user talking
> to the coda server.

I'm not sure how easy it is to change this. There definitely isn't a
command line or venus.conf option, so it would require a recompile.

The thing that is interesting in your log is that all objects have a
'writer'. What kind of updatedb or slocate is running on your system?
It might be opening all the files O_RDWR, which triggers venus to write
back all the files after fetching.