Coda File System

Re: create volume returns 103

From: lou <lou_at_0xffff.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:19:12 +0100
In some email I received from Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> on Fri, 18 Apr 2003
10:23:20 -0400, wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 03:04:18PM +0100, lou wrote:
> > I'm having a problems with my coda server. It's a linux box,
> > with 500M RVM data and 30M log partition.
> > when i issue
> > createvol_rep ROOTVOLUME E0000100 /volumes/vicepa
> > 14:03:10 VGetPartition Couldn't find partition 0
> > 14:03:10 VCreateVolume: Cannot find partition 0. Bailing out.
>
> It looks like the server has a problem finding the /volumes/vicepa
> partition. Was /vice/db/vicetab changed since the server was started? If
> so you probably need to restart the server.
>
> Are there any messages around the top of SrvLog indicating that the
> server actually could or could not find the partitions specified in the
> vicetab file?

Hi again,

I found the problem, it's really silly cause it was my mistake, and it was in the
script rather than in the server. (i missed the partition part in volutil create_rep .. )

I'm sorry again for all the noise.

cheers,

--
Lou Kamenov	AEYE R&D 	lou.kamenov_at_aeye.net
FreeBSD BGUG	http://www.freebsd-bg.org	lou@FreeBSD-bg.org