Coda File System

Re: Coda on FreeBSD

From: Tak Pui LOU <lou_at_man-97-187.ResHall.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:12:23 -0800 (PST)
Hi Tim,

I compiled Coda 5.3.20. So, this bug should be fixed. Right? Then, what
should I do to my kernel to install a coda client? The coda module
("options CODA") seems to work but "pseudo-device vcoda 4" does not
compile.

> venus from Coda 5.3.19 doesn't work on FreeBSD 5.0-current because free()
> detects heap corruption and aborts the program, and rdsinit (run from
> vice-setup-rvm) fails because librvm seems to depend on malloc()'d
> memory being zeroed. These bugs seem to be fixed in the latest release,
> but it still doesn't compile out of the box on FreeBSD 5. Part of this is
> due to gcc 3.2 being more picky about C++ code than 2.95.x.

Also, are the files under /usr/src/sys/coda being used for compiling the
coda kernel module? They seem very old to me. The coda.h says it is
release 3.1. So, I am wondering what the correct procedure of setting up a
coda client is.

---
Lou