Coda File System

Unremovable Files (No such file or directory)

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 06 Mar 2003 12:21:00 +0100
Hi,

We've not lost data, but we'd like to get rid of it ;-)

There is a volume that's perfectly connected
and looks the same on several clients:

  Status of volume 0x7f000036 (2130706486) named "coda.vol.kernel"
  Volume type is ReadWrite
  Connection State is Connected
  Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
  Current blocks used are 484326
  The partition has 655476 blocks available out of 4787924
  Write-back is disabled

The weird data seems to have made it to the server,
having ls show a path like source/lt_modem.o
looks wrong in my eyes:

	munch(sneumann):ltmodem-6.00b7>pwd
	/coda/vol/kernel/src/ltmodem-6.00b7
	munch(sneumann):ltmodem-6.00b7>ls
	source/autoload  source/lt_modem.o   source/ltinst2
	source/cleanup   source/lt_serial.o  source/ltuninst2
	munch(sneumann):ltmodem-6.00b7>ls -l
	ls: source/ltinst2: No such file or directory
	ls: source/ltuninst2: No such file or directory
	ls: source/autoload: No such file or directory
	ls: source/lt_serial.o: No such file or directory
	ls: source/cleanup: No such file or directory
	ls: source/lt_modem.o: No such file or directory
	total 0

So, how do we get rid of this ?
rm obviously doesn't work,
and so far I have not been able to get a fid
to try some hardcore coda magic.

The client where all this started is -init'ed by now,
it needed to be back online. Where next to look ?

Yours,
Steffen