Coda File System

Re: emacs and coda on NetBSD/1.6

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:49:14 +1030
On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:00:13PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> I wonder if emacs is doing some sort of asynchronous IO that isn't
> handled correctly in the NetBSD kernel.

I think it is.  If you disable the use of SIGIO when you build emacs
then you may find things more stable, Just #undef SIGIO in one of the
headers (syssignal.h I think).  This has worked for me for a long
while.  I did log this as a bug with the emacs people but they were at
a loss as to what was going wrong.  From the digging I did it appears
that emacs gets into a loop where it is expecting to get a SIGIO but
the signal is never delivered - if you kill -IO the emacs process then
it will probably wake up and continue on.

--
Brett Lymn