Coda File System

Re: NetBSD 1.6 hanging on venus startup

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:26:08 +1030
On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 05:30:56PM -0500, Jan Harkes wrote:

> Cool, you found it. CODA_STATFS is actually a relatively recent
> addition.

Sweet.

> Hmm, I should look at the source again, why 'coda_nb_statfs'... would
> the 'nb' stand for 'non-blocking?'

I took the 'nb' to be a NetBSD specific function.  The NetBSD
developers have a habit of using 'nb' in NetBSD specific modifications
to code that is sourced from outside the project.

> Basically if we return the fake
> information it will work exactly like it used to.

True but getting the actual information is nice.

> I'm not sure how easy it is to tell if we're already mounted or not.

Yes and looking at the code I don't think that will help anyway
because the mount is completed by the time the statfs is done.  I am
starting to think that forking off the mount may be the only solution
as we need to have venus responsive while it is doing the mount.

--
Brett Lymn