Coda File System

Re: newbie question

From: Casey Helfrich <cjh2_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:24:32 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Sandeep Kumar wrote:

> I am trying to set up a coda server and client just to be able to
> experiment with it. I am able to mount /coda in the client but can't
> write to the root on the server. The howto says the default password
> for the admin user is "changeme". But that hasn't worked for me so
> far.  I am not sure that I am interpreting the instructions correctly.
> I gave the coda server administrator username as "s-kumar" with uid
> 35572. Now on the client I log in as "s-kumar" (with uid 35572) and run
> "clog adminuser"? I have also tried clog s-kumar both to no avail.

The "clog s-kumar" should have worked unless there is some property of
usernames not allowing non-alphanumeric characters.

> Maybe I don't have the coda server administrator username correct.
> Where will I find it and can I change it easily?

You can find all of the valid usernames on your coda server by logging in
locally to the Coda server and running "pdbtool".  Do a "pdbtool -help"
to get info on how to list all of the usernames.  Popular admin names are
"codaroot" and "codaadmin".  But regardless, unless you have changed it,
the password should be "changeme" by default.

-Casey