Coda File System

Re: Coda won't start "rvm_init failed RVM_EIO"

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:04:29 +0200 (MET DST)
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Timothy Kersten wrote:

> This is what i get from "/vice/srv/SrvLog". Have tried re-instaling and
> followed all instructions. It's driving me nuts!
>
> 17:09:14 Server etext 0x80bfdba, edata 0x80ec210
> 17:09:14 RvmType is Rvm
> 17:09:14 Main process doing a LWP_Init()
> 17:09:14 Main thread just did a RVM_SET_THREAD_DATA
>
> 17:09:14 Setting Rvm Truncate threshhold to 5.
>
> open_log failed.
> do_rvm_options failed
> 17:09:14 rvm_init failed RVM_EIO

Hello Timothy,

I can repeat my advice.

If you run strace on your codasrv, you may see what is the error, which
file it tries to use and how it fails.

Feel free to mail me the (compressed) strace log,
details about your OS version, rvm layout (sizes and places for data and
the log) and versions of libraries and coda would help too.

Best regards,
--
Ivan