Coda File System

Re: Partition not found on server

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:49:26 -0500
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 06:29:59PM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I searched the list archive and found that I had to create the volume. So I
> did:
> createvol_rep littlecat E0000100 /home/vicepa/
> It created the volume, but then said:
> Partition /home/vicepa/ not found on server littlecat.

I guess it didn't create the volume then. The server doesn't know about
a partition named '/home/vicepa/'.

Check your server startup messages, and /vice/db/vicetab. The default
'partition' is /vicepa. If you actually set things up to use
/home/vicepa, perhaps the trailing slash confused the server. If there
is only one partition you could leave off the whole partition path and
createvol_rep will figure it out for itself.