Coda File System

Re: creating rep_volumes without success

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:51:12 -0500
On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 03:59:14PM -0000, Mohamed Alwakeel wrote:
> while vice server running but that generated strange error messaga:-
> /usr/local/sbin/createvol_rep: ELF: command not found

I already know where this one comes from,

somewhere at the top of createvol_rep make the following change,

- . codaconfedit server.conf
+ . `codaconfedit server.conf`

> V_BindToServer: binding to host mezzo1
> VolDumpVRDB failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 200
> Failed to dump the current VRDB into /vice/db/VRList.new

I'm guessing that considering you have this problem, the same problem
happened during setup both vice-setup and vice-setup-rvm contain similar
problems, at least $conf needs to be replaced with server.conf in
several places. You actualy caught those and missed this?

> Buy the way I had hostname DNS problems when I first started up vice so put
> alias to mezzo1 as mezzo1.domain.con in hosts file on client and server
> machines and that worked o.k. on client and server box.

Is mezzo1.domain.con(sic) by any chance aliased to 127.0.0.1? Are there
any 0's in parts of your ip-addresses (eg. 10.0.0.1).