Coda File System

compiling coda.o with 2.4 kernel

From: Ryan M. Lefever <lefever_at_crhc.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:41:09 -0600 (CST)
I have recently installed a 2.4 kernel on my testbed where I'm running
Coda.  I tried to recompile coda.o (the client kernel module) for the new
kernel.  When I try "make coda.o," "make config" is called,  and I get the
following error:

-----
The kernel source tree is version 2.4.17.
The current kernel build date is SMP Wed Jan 9 21:13:53 CST 2002.
This package requires either a 2.0 series kernel or higher,
or 2.2.9 kernel or higher.
make: *** [config] Error 1
-----

Is there a fix for this?  Do I need to hack the Configure script?

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan M. Lefever

  [lefever_at_uiuc.edu]
  [217.333.7231]
  [http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~lefever]

  Graduate Research Assistant
  Center for Reliable and High-Performance Computing -- PERFORM