Coda File System

Re: add servers to a Coda cell

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_math.chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:33:42 +0100 (MET)
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Jan Harkes wrote:

> > trouble. In fact, I don't have to create *any* new volumes to get in
> > trouble. Just add a line in "servers" and I'm sitting there.
>
> That is interesting, I wonder what the difference is, could you send me
> logs of the same server starting without the 'servers' line at level 100
> and a run when it is started with that additional line in 'servers'.

> Also run 'getvolinfo `cat /vice/db/ROOTVOLUME`' after the server has
> started which should get some of the volume lookup stuff to run.

I hope to be able to send you the logs from the existing server today.
Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day with setting up two brand new servers
and testing their interaction - following your orders, if you please give
me some :)

> the VRDB/VLDB files probably have some problems/inconsistencies.

I have right now no more visible traces of my test volumes in any files
under db on scm (grep test *, it checks binaries too) so it is "clean" to
some degree, again.

See you,
--
Ivan