Coda File System

failed fvm assertion

From: Ryan M. Lefever <lefever_at_crhc.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 00:38:22 -0600 (CST)
Sometimes when I run Coda, the server starts up and then quits
immediately.  The following assertion is raised in the /vice/srv/SrvErr
file:

codasrv: rvm_io.c:240: read_dev: Assertion `(dev->raw_io) ? (((length) &
(512-1)) == 0) : 1' failed.

Does anybody know what this assertion gets raised for?  Do I have rvm
configured incorrectly?  When I ran vice-setup I set the log partition to
/dev/hdb16, the log size to 14M, the data partition to /dev/hdb15, and the
data size to 130M.  When I configured the disk, I set the size of
/dev/hdb16 to 15M and the size of /dev/hdb15 to 130M.  When I do an "fdisk
-s /dev/hdb16" it answers 16033 and an "fdisk -s /dev/hdb15" answers
136521.  I'm running RedHat 6.2 and Coda 5.3.13.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan M. Lefever

  [lefever_at_uiuc.edu]
  [217.333.7231]
  [http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~lefever]

  Graduate Research Assistant
  Center for Reliable and High-Performance Computing -- PERFORM