Coda File System

Re: Low bandwidth lockup

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:51:30 -0400
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:26:37PM +1000, jeremy_at_itassist.net.au wrote:
> On  4 Oct, Jan Harkes wrote:
> > Are you connecting through a masquerading firewall?
>
> Yes.
>
> After an hour two files had made it through, visible on a client at
> work.
>
> I appreciate I am using coda under conditions that it wasn't really
> designed for.  It's working great on the local network, it would just be
> wonderful if I could get this part of it working.

Oh, but it is supposed to work, except that there is a small bug in the
rpc2 library which causes the file backfetches during reintegration to
forget that they have to 'masquerade' as well. Greg Troxel discovered
the problem and we've already got a fix in CVS.

I should really merge the last of the pending patches and release new
versions of RPC2 and Coda soon.