Coda File System

Re: crash

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:07:04 -0400
On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 07:18:40PM +0200, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> (everything on server and client). The server starts just fine but after
> the first request it chrashes with this error:
>
> root_at_floyd:/vice/srv # cat SrvErr
> could not open key 2 file: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

This is always printed.

> Assertion failed: 0, file
> "/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/coda-5.3.15/coda-src/vice/srv.cc", line 323

This line number is useless it is the place where we trap the server
when it is hit by a segfault. Only a gdb backtrace could tell me
approximately where the segfault occured.

> Reintegrate florian, (2, 424) ( 19:11:43 )
> BackFetch floyd.netego.de, test [0] ( 19:11:46 )
> connection::bandwidth floyd.netego.de 791 1599 1000000000 ( 19:11:47 )

It has probably crashed during the backfetch. I'm wondering whether it
crashed during the SFTP transfer.

> With the old version everything was just fine. I actually got the first
> crash after I updated the client and before I updated the server but I

A client should not be able to crash the server that easily.

> hoped that updating the server would fix the problem and updated it as
> well. What have I done wrong?

I don't know what's wrong, which versions of lwp/rpc2/coda are the 'old
version' and which are the 'new version'?