Coda File System

Re: can't get root volume name

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:25:59 -0400
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 10:12:13AM +0800, hotcola wrote:
> It tells me:
> ----
> 09:55:36 Kernel version ioctl failed.
> 09:55:36 Initial LRDB allocation
> 09:55:36 Getting Root Volume information...
> 09:55:36 Venus starting...
> 09:55:37 CHILD: mount system call failed. Killing parent.

Check whether the /coda directory exists, the venus-setup script in the
5.3.15 release failed to create it.

Check for running venus processes, only one process is allowed to connect
to the kernel (killall -9 venus).

Reinitialize venus before trying to connect to the testserver, either 'touch
/usr/coda/venus.cache/INIT' or start 'venus -init'.

> >Have you tried contacting the test-server at cmu ?
> Yes,I've tried it,and the error occurs on cmu.

i.e. the error is with your client or there might be a firewall between
your client and the testserver. The testserver is used a lot, if your
access to the internet doesn't have a firewall connecting to the server
shouldn't be a problem.