Coda File System

Re: assertion failed (bad thing)

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2001 09:38:28 -0400
Beware that you will lose all changes made while disconnected.  If
this isn't OK, you need more wizardly help than I can provide.

On the client, do 'vutil shutdown' and 'venus -init'.
This will nuke your RVM and cache, but not change the server settings.
Run 'venus-setup' again and/or 'rm -rf /usr/coda' (assuming that's
where your venus cache is) if you want to be more drastic.  But given
your report, that shouldn't be necessary.

  Assertion failed: vol->IsReplicated(), file "fso1.cc", line 1899

I have had this but been unable to figure it out.  It occurred after
doing 'mv package.tgz /home/coda/gdt/FreeBSD/ELF-4' when I had only
28.8 connectivity.  I was probably write-disconnected at the time.
There seems to be a containerfile in an odd state, but I really
couldn't figure out what was happening.

I have since upgraded to the latest CVS, and I don't think it has
happened since.

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>