Coda File System

VLDB & Re: codasrv: open_log failed RVM_EIO

From: <ctest_at_neural.dlsemc.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 13:58:51 -0500
I'm the guy with the same problem under debian, and this solution worked fine for me.  I believe that it looks in /vice, not /vice/db.  I now have a server that stays up.  To test it i tried moving my venus client from the testing "playground" to my own machine.  This caused "GetRootVolume: can't get volinfo for root volume (coda:root)!" problems.  I'm guessing it's cause the cache was initialized for the playground volume, but i switched it.  I'll try initializing the cache again, but where is venus-setup in the debian packages? it does not seem to be on my system.

Interestingly my server reports:
VLDBLookup:VLDB_size unset. Calling VCheckVLDB()
Vcheck VLDB:  could not open VLDB
VLDBLookup: No or bad vldb.

in it's logs which could also be the problem.

Corey