Coda File System

coda in production environment

From: Clemens Hermann <haribeau_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:32:37 +0200
Hi,

as the FAQ does not give a final answer I would appreciate it a lot to get a
quick statement here. I thought of coda to make some mail-replication but I
am not sure if coda can solve the problem and if coda should be used in this
situation.

Two computers are connected from time to time via ISDN and share a
directory. On Computer A files can be deleted and created. on Computer B
files can only be deleted. I want to "mirror" the directory. If on either
one of the computers a file gets deleted, it must be automatically deleted
on the other one during the next replication. If a file is created on
machine A, it must be coppied to machine B during replication.
Files will not be modified, just be created and deleted.

So now:
- can Coda solve the problem?
- is coda ready for this situation?`
- are there any security-considerations (the server should stay secure ;-)?
- Is there a better way to solve the problem?

thanks in advance for any hints

/ch