Coda File System

Re: Problems w/ setting up coda (read-only /coda, can't start second server)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:46:06 -0500
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 10:57:27PM +0200, Garry Glendown wrote:
> After trying out just about anything I could find in the howto and the
> docs, I'm not getting anywhere... maybe someone could give me a hint ...
>
> First of all, my SVM seems to be set up correctly, as I get a /coda
> drive mounted when starting venus. Anyway, the /coda directory seems to
> be read-only, even as root I have no permission to write ...

Correct, access is based on possesion of a Coda token. Use 'clog' to
authenticate as the codaadmin user and you'll be able to write.

> Second, I tried setting up a second, non SVM, server ... following the
> instructions from the user/admin manual, everything seemed to work out,
> except that I can't start the codasrv on the new server - my logfile
> states this:
>
> 22:50:12 New SrvLog started at Thu Mar 29 22:50:12 2001
> 22:50:12 Resource limit on data size are set to 2147483647
> 22:50:12 No RvmType selected!

It seems like vice-setup-rvm didn't complete successfully and
/vice/srv.conf is missing, or the rvm related parameters in
/etc/coda/server.conf are not set up.

> What am I doing wrong???

Try to configure RVM using vice-setup-rvm on the second server.