Coda File System

Re: Setting up a volume

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:23:47 -0500
On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 02:50:00PM +0200, Steffen Schaefer wrote:
> Hi,
> a short question:
> Is it possible to specify a size for a new volume, or is the size an
> initially one?. If there is a possibility to set a size: how?
>
> thanks Steffen Schaefer

Volumes don't really have a fixed size, they start off at 0, or 1
because there is an initial root file object allocated, and grow until
the partition is full.

The only thing I can think of would be the volume quota, but we haven't
used it all that much so it could give some surprises (i.e. bugs or
unexpected behaviour).

    cfs setquota /coda/path/to/volume <# 1024k blocks>
    cfs lv /coda/path/to/volume