Coda File System

Re: [ coda newbie] problems with venus

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:44:16 -0500
On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:33:50AM +0100, Sangohn Christian wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I?d like to switch from nfs to coda because I was told coda is muh more
> powerful and secure.
> The documentation sounds great. But it seems difficult to heve coda running.
> I?m beginning with the client venus, as stated tin the howto:
> I configured only the test server from cmu.edu as server and a cache size of
> 60MB. Then I ran codacon. But it doesn?t seem to work. Here is some output:
>
> sikasso:~# /etc/init.d/coda-client start
> /usr/sbin/venus already running.
> sikasso:~# /etc/init.d/coda-client restart
> Stopped /usr/sbin/venus (pid 225).
> /usr/sbin/venus already running.

Hmm, must be Debian. codaconfedit is missing, so the postinstall
probably failed to configure /etc/coda/venus.conf correctly.

Check whether there is a venus running, kill any running venus binaries,
unmount /coda, and remove possible pid files that might prevent the
startup,

# ps auxwww | grep venus
# killall -9 venus
# umount /coda
# rm -f /var/run/coda-client.pid
# echo "pid_file=/var/run/coda-client.pid" >> /etc/coda/venus.conf
# /etc/init.d/coda-client start