Coda File System

weakly connected reintegration

From: Brad Clements <bkc_at_murkworks.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:10:31 -0500
On 25 Jan 2001, at 12:04, Jan Harkes wrote:

> In weakly connected (trickle-reintegration) mode, updates should be sent
> to the nearest server and server-server resolution is triggered. This
> creates greater window of opportunity for conflicts. The servers also
> lock any volumes that are resolving, so clients will be blocked out
> until the servers are back in sync.

We tried

'cfs adaptive'

now the client is getting write errors writing to the volume.

Is this because the servers are re-integrating?

How can we tell if the volumes/servers are locked and resolving? I can't
see a cfs command to determine if its locked.

Brad Clements,                bkc_at_murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements