Coda File System

vice-setup

From: Mitchell <mjs_at_warpspeed.net.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 10:14:23 +1000
I am getting an error at the end of vice-setup.

this is configuring on the CSM just after it creaates the log and data
partitions

LOG file has been initialized!

Rdsinit will initialize data and log.
This takes a while.
rvm_initialize succeeded.
Going to initialize data file to zero, could take awhile.
done.
?  ERROR: rds_zap_heap RVM_EINTERNAL.
Your coda server is not completely setup.  You will need
set it up by hand or fix the problems and rerun /usr/sbin/vice-setup.
root_at_pepsi:~ #

Does anyone know what might cause this one?

I am running the coda-server package built for debian, my next stop is
trying the same things from source but I don't think it will fix the
problem.

Just a bit of background on the system, it is a Debian GNU Linux box
running kernel 2.2.17 and the following coda packages.

ii  coda-server    5.3.10-1       Server for the Coda distributed file system
ii  coda-update    5.3.10-1       Server for the Coda distributed file system
ii  librpc21       1.8-1          Remote procedure call library
ii  rpc2-tools     1.8-1          Remote procedure call library - support tool
ii  librvm1        1.2-1          Recoverable Virtual Memory
ii  rvm-tools      1.2-1          Recoverable Virtual Memory, support tools

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks