Coda File System

Write Disconnected volume - another problem

From: Piotr K. Isajew <piotrek_at_pki.ex.com.pl>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:42:48 +0200
On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 01:02:48AM +0200, Piotr K. Isajew wrote:
> I had succesfully set up a replicated volume. I was using it for a
> short period without any problems from two client machines. Recently I
> noticed that on one of my clients data could not be flushed onto
> volume. It appears that one client has volume connected as ReadWrite
> but the other client connects it as WriteDisconnected.
>
> I tried to reconnect this volume as ReadWrite, but "cfs wr" and "cfs
> reconnect" gives no effect.
>
> Here is output for cfs lv for those two machines:
>
> Good one:
> bash-2.03$ cfs lv piotr.prv
>   Status of volume 0x7f000001 (2130706433) named "piotr"
>   Volume type is ReadWrite
>   Connection State is Connected
>   Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
>   Current blocks used are 204652
>   The partition has 572682 blocks available out of 1545233
>   Write-back is disabled
>
> Wrong one:
> piotrek_at_pki$ cfs lv piotr.prv
>   Status of volume 0x7f000001 (2130706433) named "piotr"
>   Volume type is ReadWrite
>   Connection State is WriteDisconnected
>   Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
>   Current blocks used are 204664
>   The partition has 1958099 blocks available out of 3935419
>   Write-back is disabled
>   There are 126 CML entries pending for reintegration
>

> I checked contents of this volume and it appears that there are no
> conflicts beetween replicas (atmost there are no symbollic links on
> this volume).
> What should I do to mount this volume ReadWrite on both clients.
>

> Piotr

I tried unmouting/salvaging/remouting the volume involved, and finally
managed to mount it with status as "Connected". But now I'm unable to
change anything on it. System gives me "Read-only filesystem"
message. Does someone of you knows what to do to bring this volume to
RW state again?

Thanks for any help

Piotr