Coda File System

Re: coda and mandrake

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 12:33:41 -0400
On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 03:31:13PM +0200, florin wrote:
> a) the client part
> the client seems to work fine despite a message like : Kernel version
> ioctl failed

This is totally innocent, we've added a version ioctl to the linux 2.3.x
kernels so that we can alter the kernel-venus protocol while (hopefully)
maintaining backwards compatibility with older kernels.

> i'm able to login as admin user with the changeme password but either
> if i try to change passwords (for admin user or for a common user,
> created with pdbtool) i get nothing but fails. I managed once to
> change the passwords just after the scm setup but not afterwards. The
> auth2 daemon seems to be there because I am able to login.

You might have to run `au nu' to activate the new user account and give
it an initial password.

> b) replication
> i have two computers called moonlight and alderande (moonlight is the
> scm).
> and if i fire the command createvol_rep mandrake E0000101 /vicepa
> (servers moonlight alderande)
> i get a message cannot find alderande partitions or something like that.

You might have to run "bldvldb.sh alderande" which updates
/vice/vol/BigVolumeList. The createvol_rep script uses this file to
figure out if the requested partition is available on that server.