Coda File System

Disappearing files under mv'd directory (FALSE ALARM)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:11:44 +0900 (JST)

    me> Now when I try to build in a separate directory (in a file
    me> system on a separate Linux ext2 partition) I get "file not
    me> found".  But I know that the files are there, because I can
    me> `cat' them.

My deepest apologies; false alarm.

This problem is evidently due to use of ./configure --srcdir:  when I
moved the source directories, I didn't remove the build directory,
which contains symlinks to the source directory.  Even though I did
configure again, it did not update the symlinks, which now are
dangling.

I thought I looked at the gcc output, but if you look closely you see
that although the correct paths are output as absolute paths, the
bogus paths to the missing files are given as _relative_ paths.