Coda File System

"LogInt failed"

From: Ioannis <ioannis_at_flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:50:37 -0400
Venus is killed as soon as it starts and  venus.log was not
generated to show what is wrong. Having struggled enough this weekend
to get venus going I must seek your help.

I'm using coda-client_5.3  ( coda-client_5.3.7-2_i386.deb)
with a Linux 2.2.15 and coda.o loaded; the
Kernel/User netlink socket support is not enabled in the kernel,
would this make a difference?

(By the way: When I do a "cmon testserver.cs.cmu.edu:100" the reply is
"testserver.cs.cmu.edu is not a valid server" which also
globbles (and changes) the term settings of my terminal. Well, once
I can get venus to start I will probably have to deal with this next.)

Help and guidance is readily welcomed. This are the error messages
when  venus tries to start:

# /usr/sbin/venus &
[2] 866
Coda Venus, version 5.3.7
coda_psdev_write: downcall, no SB!

Date: Mon 05/29/2000

17:52:44 LogInit failed

[2]+  Exit 255                /usr/sbin/venus
#

--

Ioannis Tambouras
Signed pgp-key on key server.