Coda File System

Re: Disconnected operation

From: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 17:06:49 +0100
Thanks to Greg Troxel and Jan Harkes for their earlier
answers.

> venus -primaryuser gdts-uid -h ip-addr-of-server -r root-volume-name

This actually works, and it lets me have access to files without
saving my coda token.  I do need the token later to reintegrate,
but it does work.

With respect to what Jan said, I now have the mount point of each
volume I want hoarded in my hoard file, and this does generally
work.  But:

     hoard -f hoard
     canonicalize: chdir(zlsiial) failed (Permission denied)

This refers to a directory whose ACLs are:

     System:Administrators  rlidwka
                   zlsiial  rlidwka

Is it necessary to make it world readable before running hoard?
I will say that the user running hoard has a coda token.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk