Coda File System

Re: uuuh got server working ??

From: LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) <clement_at_pc89117.cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:04:23 +0800 (CST)
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Jan Harkes wrote:

> All other problems should be server related.
>  - The VRDB file on the server is bad.
>     check if /vice/vol/VRList follows the correct format (something like
>     <repvol> <numvol> <vol1> <vol2> ... <vol8> <vsgdb servergroup number>
>     the thing that is most often wrong is that there are fewer than 8
>     volumes.

Probably there is a minor typo.  It should read

   <repvol> <numvol> <vol1> <vol2> ... <vol8> <vsgdb servergroup number>
                    ^
                    <number of replicas>

"man vrdb" will give you more info about vrdb and VRList.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 09:15:50PM +0530, Madhav wrote:

> This what i am getting now.
> "GetRootVolume : can't get root volume name"

Mahdev, not sure if you have fixed your problem.  If not yet, please
tell us your
  /usr/coda/etc/vstab
  /etc/coda/venus.conf
  /vice/db/VSGDB

(Actually, venus.conf is new to me.  What is it for?)

-- Clement