Coda File System

thanks for the help but....

From: Madhav <msp_at_srasys.co.in>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:40:29 +0530
Hi,

Thanks for ur help. I could able to install codaserver.
I installed coda client also. But I had another problem.
during the createvol_rep execution it gave the following message.
"[root_at_server1 /root]# createvol_rep rootvol E0000100 /vicepa
Servers are (server1 )
HexGroupId is 7F000000
creating volume rootvol.0 on server1
V_BindToServer: binding to host server1
Volume 1000001 (rootvol.0) created
Fetching /vice/vol/Volumelist from server1
Cannot get port from rpc2portmap; exiting
Trouble getting new list for server server1
cat: *.list: No such file or directory
V_BindToServer: binding to host server1
VolMakeVLDB failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 102
<echo rootvol 7F000000       1  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 E0000100 >> /vice/vol/VRList>
V_BindToServer: binding to host server1
VolMakeVRDB failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 200
Do you wish this volume to be Backed Up (y/n)? [n] y
Day to take full dumps: [Mon] Mon
echoing 7F000000        IFIIIII        rootvol >>/vice/db/dumplist"

How do I set this errors pertaining to  VLDB right??. I couldn't see any
files like VLDB in the /vice directory.

Afterwards I tried runnig venus on the client.
The client says "GetRootVolume: can't get volinfo for rootvolume (rootvol)!"
repeatedly when I gave the command "xterm -e tail -f /usr/coda/etc/console
&".
At the server side I am getting the message like
VLDBLookup: No or bad vldb.
VLDBLookup: VLDB_size unset. Calling VCheckVLDB()
VLDBLookup: could not open VLDB

Thanks once again,
Madhav