Coda File System

Re: update time

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:07:01 -0500
On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 04:29:22PM +0100, Alan Scheinine wrote:
> I have installed coda 5.3.3 and unpacked and reorganized many
> files and directories of the package MPI.  Now I want to see
> those directories on all other computer that run venus.
> How long do I have to wait?  Hours?  For a newly created
> directory on one machine, the other machine give me the error
> $ ls /coda/software/MPI
> ls: /coda/software/MPI: Connection timed out

Hi Alan,

Your probably (very likely) running either one or both Coda clients in
disconnected mode.

'cfs lv /coda' should give some information like the connection state
of the volume and how many modifications were made during the
disconnection. You need to get an authentication token, as Coda refuses
to reintegrate when the user is not logged in.

Some useful tools:

codacon, connects to venus and shows things like server disconnections.
clog,    used to get the authentication token.
cfs cs,  force venus to check whether the servers are alive.
cfs lv,  show volume status.

Just grab the Coda-HOWTO from the website, it contains more of this
useful stuff.