Coda File System

Backup Problems

From: Len Burns <lburns_at_sasquatch.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 08:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, I am now trying to get backup working on a coda volume.  I did the
following:
Created a volume like: createvol_rep home E0000100 /vicepa
When the script asked if I wanted to backup the volume, I said yes,
and it created /vice/db/dumplist.  I mounted the volume, and copied
some files into it just for test, created a directory /usr/backups and
type:
backup /vice/db/dumplist /usr/backups
This is what I see:
08:46:12 Warning: the hostname of this server (seashell.sasquatch.com)
is not li
sted in /vice/db/servers
Partition /vicepa: inodes in use: 381, total: 262144.
08:46:13 Partition /vicepa: 7537094K available (minfree=5%), 4564977K
free.
08:46:13 No diskpartitions for backup!! Bailing out.
That would suggest to me that it is current, but it shouldn't be,
because I have run no backup on it before, and just added data.  I
have the odd feeling I am missing something obvious here, what am I
doing wrong.  TIA

-Len