Coda File System

Re: venus clog problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:59:48 -0400
On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 11:17:39AM -0700, Coda wrote:
> The /vice/auth2/AuthLog on the server looks like this:
>
> --------------
>
> 10:55:19 In PWGetKeys()
> 10:55:19 	vid = 500
> 10:55:19 	vid = 500
> 10:55:19 AuthNewConn(0x2089c4d1, 0, 66, 2, 500)
>
> --------------
>

> on the client side I do this:
>
> --------------
>
> jrs_at_arbutus /home/jrs $ date
> Fri Aug 13 10:55:10 PDT 1999
> jrs_at_arbutus /home/jrs $ clog
> username: jrs
> Password:
> Local login only, could not contact venus
> jrs_at_arbutus /home/jrs $ ctokens
>
> Token held by the Cache Manager:
>
> Local uid: 500
>
> GetLocalTokens error (2)
>
> --------------
>
> I can only guess that It's some kind of error on the client side of
> things.  The AuthLog looks the same as for entries comming from the venus
> that's running on the server (which works fine)
>
> A few days ago the GetLocalTokens error was (22), now it's (2).  Is there
> a list of what these errors mean?
>
> -- Jonathan

Well, clog already complained that it couldn't reach venus, so I don't
expect ctokens to come up with a token.

Let's go through this.. clog connects to auth2 using rpc and gets a
token. No problems there. Then clog does an ioctl on a (control) file in
/coda, and the kernel module passes this to venus. And there something
fails. So there must be an error reported either in /var/log/messages
(kernel problem) or /usr/coda/venus.cache/venus.log (venus problem).

btw. GetLocalTokens is the ioctl made to venus, the error number is
simply the value of the errno variable, so these would be:

/usr/include/asm/errno.h
#define ENOENT           2      /* No such file or directory */
#define EINVAL          22      /* Invalid argument */

I can't see anything in the ioctl path in venus generating these errors
for VIOC_SETTOK or VIOC_GETTOK however.