Coda File System

Re: Question about using Kerberos and the Windows client

From: Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey_at_mallorn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:34:07 -0500 (CDT)
> 3.  (This probably belongs on the Kerberos newsgroup, but maybe someone
>     has thought about this).  There's still no reasonable Kerberos 5
>     support for windows, right?  Is there anything that I can link Coda
>     against (and hopefully also have my Eudora users use?)

Kerberos 5 works fine on Windows machines, and at NCSA we use Kerberized
POP authentication with a patched copy of Qualcomm's popper.  Works for
all Win '95, Win '98, and NT machines.

And of course, works fine for Unix, too.  :)

   http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/CC/kerberos/

has all of our information and patches to the Kerberos source tree.  The
only thing you'll need to get rid of (maybe) is the aklog stuff -- it gets
an AFS token for the Transarc Windows clients.  I don't know how Coda
works with Windows, but presumably you could modify the code to work with
Coda instead.

Chris

Christopher Lindsey, Senior System Engineer
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
lindsey_at_ncsa.uiuc.edu