Coda File System

Re: Server Startup problems

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:06:18 +0800 (CST)
Ben Woodard <ben_at_valinux.com> wrote:

> I am having some problems getting my server to startup. At first
> glance they appear to be similar to the problems that Len Burns had a
> few weeks ago.

> In my case I did not run vice-setup and I didn't modify the srv.conf
> file and my srv.conf file looks fine.
>
> -rvm /dev/sdb5 /dev/sdb3 209715200

So, did you run the command rvmutl (which initializes the rvm log) and the
command rdsinit (which initializes the rds) ?  If you ran vice-setup-rvm
(invoked by vice-setup), the two programs will be invoked automatically,
if you did not ran vice-setup-rvm, you must rum them manually.

-- Clement

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                         |    Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, | Mobile: (852)-98421024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong   | Real-time Msg.: 41792200 (ICQ)
WWW: www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~clement     | Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk