Coda File System

Re: Server Startup Troubles

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 03:13:01 +0200
On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 09:26:48AM -0700, Len Burns wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Peter J. Braam wrote:
>

> > Hi Len,
> >
> > I'm suspicious about the content of your srv.conf file.  That length there
> > should not contain any M's, but be 20480000.
> Change made:
> I have good news and bad news.  The good news, it changed the
> error message in SrvLog, the bad news is it still is not starting.
> Here is what SrvLog looks like now:
> Error rvm_load_segment returns 2000
> 09:06:14 rds_load_heap error Invalid RVM return code
> SrvErr remains:
> Assertion failed: err == RVM_SUCCESS, file "srv.cc", line 1729
> Sleeping forever.  You may use gdb to attach to process 228.
>
> -Len

Did you only change that line in srv.conf, or re-ran vice-setup-rvm.
Chances are that the rvm data partition is not properly initialized
because of that 22m entry.

Delete the srv.conf file, and run vice-setup-rvm, then when it asks
for the sizes of the log and data segments enter the values with a
capitalized M.

RVM log size: 2M
RVM data size: 22M

and then rvm should be correctly initialized, and srv.conf should be
recreated. Then the server can be started.