Coda File System

Changing ownership of coda-mounted directories?

From: Bill Gribble <grib_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:37:40 -0500
I'm a CODA novice (no/vice?) and am having a load of fun playing with
it.  Unfortunately I'm also trying to work with it so there are
practical questions that have to be answered.

This is a coda-5.2.2 server and client installed on Linux 2.2.7 from
the Debian packages of same.  There are 3 servers in the cell and
I'm working on the SCM machine.

I can't seem to change the ownership of any directories created in the
/coda mounted filesystem (normal files have no problem).  Every time I
try, I get the following error:

# clog coda-admin
username: coda-admin
Password:
# pwd
/coda/home/grib
# ls -l
drwxr-xr-x   2 coda-adm nogroup      2048 May 26 13:06 temp
# chown grib temp
chown: temp: Invalid argument
# uname -a
Linux glare 2.2.7 #1 Mon May 3 14:36:26 CDT 1999 i686 unknown

AFAICT I should be able to change the owner of a directory; I can't
see a way to do it with cfs, so I assume the standard chown should
work.  Any help out there?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble