Coda File System

Re: Solaris port

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:48:12 -0400 (EDT)
We had a discussion about this here yesterday. Phil, why don't you go for
the native Solaris C library and the native compiler.  Take it step by
step: lwp, rpc2, rvm etc. and lets review what it looks like after each
step.

The key will be to really use the features of autoconf, like other
advanced programs do, (Arla, Emacs etc) to avoid getting into a header
mess.  I do think we need GNU make at the moment, but thats probably
easily arranged.

The benefit of the native approach will be that it shakes out new bugs,
allows us to use hopefully beautiful Solaris profiling tools etc, and
perhaps Purify.

- Peter -