Coda File System

Re: Some question

From: Simone Celli Marchi <celli_at_students.cs.unibo.it>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 01:29:19 +0200
On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 12:16:16PM -0500, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> > - how can I do to know if the two server are communicating ?
> > I tried to copy 1,5Gb on data in /coda, but after a 1Gb the copy fail, so I
> > have this doubt :
>
> Well the best test to see if it is working is to use two clients.  You
> create some files using the first client, by copying them into /coda and
> then look at those files from the other client.  If that works, they are
> on the server.

This work fine to test if the scm work, but I want to know if all server
works. I think that my problem was that I had created only one volume.

> > - if I have two server with each 1Gb, I have a total of 2Gb, or the second
> >   server take a copy of scm data ?
>
> You should try to divide you file tree into volumes, and put some
> volumes on one server, some on another.  Have you read the HOWTO?

Of course ! Now I think to understand. I will try next week when I come back
to university...

> You cannot list two scm's because they fall into different cells, and
> the system would get _very_ confused.  You _can_ list both servers you
> have in the vstab.

Now I'm really confused ! :-(
I understand that I must list only one scm server, but what apart from that
?

> So simo.ddns.org,testserver.coda.cmu.cs.edu is not a good idea.

This is ok.

--
Undergraduate student of Computer Science
PGP public key : finger celli_at_cs.unibo.it