Coda File System

Recovering from lost RVM log partition..

From: Troy Benjegerdes <troybenj_at_scl.ameslab.gov>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:21:03 -0600
I have two servers set up to evaluate coda, and for performance reasons,
I put the RVM log partition on a separate disk (along with some extra
swap partitions). This disk, being rather old, then proceeded to crash
about two weeks ago.

Because of coda's replication (and limited use of the machines), I
didn't notice the server (and disk) had died for a couple of days.

I've made dump files of the replicated volumes I want to keep from the
remaining working server. My question is: Do I have to re-initialize RVM
on both the servers, or can I get by with only the server which had the
disk crash?

The data isn't particularly important, but I don't want to have to
re-create the directory structure again, etc. I'm also interested on how
this could be done as an excercise in coda failure-recovery.

--
Troy Benjegerdes		troybenj_at_scl.ameslab.gov
Scalable Computing Lab		   hozer_at_drgw.net