Coda File System

Re: Coda rescue utilities

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:11:53 -0400 (EDT)
Jeff,

It's great to hear that you are Coda and relying on it....  There is a
backup program that would have helped you.  It dumps volumes to files
(either a full dump or level one incremental).  That can be used to
restore volumes on a new Coda server.

At some future point I'd like the dump formats to be "compatible" with a
standard archive format like cpio/afio, but at present you do need a Coda
server to restore the dumps.

- Peter -