Coda File System

Re: Fw: problem with 2 servers

From: Thomas Seydel <tsseydel_at_cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:33:12 +0200
Hi
I have still problems to clog to our scm with 2 servers running..:

> >Possible problems here are:
> >  - auth2 daemon is not running.

that one is running

> >  - there is no up-to-date user information.

seems to be up to date..

> >  - auth2 daemon does not have up-to-date user information because
> >    updateclnt/updatesrv are not running.

they are both running

> >Possible problems why the server might reject a token:
> >  - clock skew between auth2-server/coda-server

updateclnt does not protest, because of time differences

> >  - corrupt/bad token (is that auth2.tk shorter than 8 characters bug
still
> > there?)

we have 8 characters... ( are numbers allowed ??)

> >  - auth2-server didn't have up-to-date user information, see above.

he has that info

> > check if auth2/rpc2portmapper/updatesrv/updateclnt are all running.

they run..

> > check /vice/auth2/AuthLog
> > check /vice/srv/UpdateClntLog

in /usr/coda/etc/console

[14:00:33]SocketListener: "sl.c", line 373:    HandleSLPACKET: NAK rcvd,
state!=AWAIT

and then

14:12:33 raznor nak'ed
14:12:33 colmberg.hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de nak'ed

what does that mean ???

Bye Thomas