Coda File System

Re[2]: RPC2_BADSERVER

From: Manuel Guesdon <mguesdon_at_sbuilders.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 20:03:51 +0000 ( )
Hi again,

I've finally compiled coda (thanks Peter) with kerberos support and reinstalled all.
I've launched vice-setup...

Now , when I try:
createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa

I get:
<<
Servers are (vishnu)
HexGroupId is 7F000006
creating volume coda:root.0 on vishnu
V_BindToServer: binding to host vishnu.sbuilders.com
RPC2_NewBinding to server vishnu.sbuilders.com failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
.: Event not found.

I think I have the good ports in /etc/services:
<<
# Iana allocated Coda filesystem port numbers
rpc2portmap     369/tcp
rpc2portmap     369/udp    # Coda portmapper
codaauth2       370/tcp
codaauth2       370/udp    # Coda authentication server

venus           2430/tcp   # codacon port
venus           2430/udp   # Venus callback/wbc interface
venus-se        2431/tcp   # tcp side effects
venus-se        2431/udp   # udp sftp side effect
codasrv         2432/tcp   # not used
codasrv         2432/udp   # server port
codasrv-se      2433/tcp   # tcp side effects
codasrv-se      2433/udp   # udp sftp side effect

The rpc2portmap run:
<<
auth2
venus
venus
sh /usr/sbin/startserver
codasrv -t 1000 -trunc 5 -debarrenize -nosalvageonshutdown -
0:00 rpc2portmap
updatesrv -p /vice/db
updateclnt -h vishnu -q coda_udpsrv

What daemon is supposed to respond to "V_BindToServer: binding to host vishnu.sbuilders.com" ?

Manuel

Manuel GUESDON  -  SOFTWARE BUILDERS        <mguesdon_at_sbuilders.com>
http://www.sbuilders.com                        PGP Key Id: 12C3E391
PGP Signed/Encrypted mails prefered