Coda File System

Coda servers and WAN links?

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:20:00 -0500 (CDT)
Hrrmmm... I was wondering about this: Would it be possible to have two
coda servers on opposite ends of a WAN link with r/w replicated volumes on
both servers?

I have an adsl line, and was wondering if it is technically feasable to
have one coda server at my home, and one somewhere else. I've got >
256Kb/sec bandwidth, but the latency (ping times) are around 30
milliseconds to router on the other side of the ADSL and around ~100-200
ms to my college campus network, depending on the time of day, phase of
the moon, etc.

Does anyone have any idea how coda would handle this? My impression is
that it the architecture is such that it can deal with it, but might need
some tuning.

Any thoughts?

| Troy Benjegerdes    |    troybenj_at_iastate.edu    |    hozer_at_drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.linux.org |