Coda File System

Re: Porting CODA to Solaris2?

From: Ben Woodard <bwoodard_at_cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:04:16 -0600
> Hi Joe,
>
> There appears to be a lot of interest in Coda for Solaris.  If someone
> writes the kernel code (this shouldn't be that hard with the driver kit
> from SUN using the ARLA projects and our BSD and Linux code as a start),
> we will port the user level code.
>
> I'm posting this to the net, because we need a volunteer to port that
> kernel code.
>
> Who's willing to do that?
>
> - Peter -

My comany had some extra training credits with Sun available and so
they decided that each sysadmin should go to one training
class. Almost all of them were beneath me and so I signed up for
something that was completely out of my job description but sounded
interesting, "Writing Solaris 2.x device drivers". (I really wanted to
take the class on Multithreaded programming but there were none that I
could schedule in.) Anyway so from August 31-Sept 4 I will be learning
the process of writing Solaris Device drivers straight from sun. Right
after that, I might be able to do it but there are no guarentees. I am
busy writing a book for O'Reilly and I need to finish that by the end
of the year.

-ben