Coda File System

Re: Did I do right, Dad?

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 08:24:32 -0400 (EDT)
> > > 	ls: junk: Connection timed out
> >
> > You get this message because you are disconnected, and the file is not in
> > the cache.  If you hoard it, you can use it while disconnected.
> >
> Hmmm... Okay that sounds good.  Now what do I do to reconnect if it's more
> than  cfs reconnect ?
> --

Not really, but read on. After cfs reconnect the client may take a minute
before it has "probed" the servers to see if they are alive (Coda
continues to work both if you disconnect a client (viz. laptop) _and_ if
one of the servers goes down. )

To force a check of the servers try
cfs checkservers

You should, for fun, also do that when you are disconnected.

- Peter -