Coda File System

patches/merging

From: <u-codalist-rcma_at_aetey.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 12:34:57 +0200
Hello,

We are doing Coda development at Aetey and got some patches
but first of all:

I wonder whether it is possible to merge the very old and heavily used
for a long time changes implementing the so called modular clog?

The "modular clog" brought multiple improvements for the authentication
subsystem along with backward compatibility.

While the lack in upstream of some of the missing extra features may
be hardly remarkable (when one doesn't know about the possibilities),
one feature is apparently and badly missing there - namely usability of
Kerberos authentication.

Nominally support for Kerberos is included in upstream but in practice
it is unusable (being hardly more than a proof-of-concept-hack).

I would like to ask once again for merging the "modular clog" into
upstream as this code has been heavily used and crucially useful for
many years now. The still remaining shortcoming is the lack of in-depth
documentation - the new authentication tools are much more versatile than
the old ones. Nevertheless when not using the extra features they behave
like the vintage clog. Coda wiki documents some of the new features.

I have got patches against the current git master, what is the
best way to submit them?

Regards,
Rune