Coda File System

Re: crash in rvmlib_free (not necessarily) during repair

From: Piotr Isajew <pki_at_ex.com.pl>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:34:15 +0200
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 07:36:31AM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:

> [...] Coda's replication was not designed to handle the servers
> in multiple buildings/countries scenario [...]

I see. For now I've "solved" the problem by increasing log size
for the volume in question and performing copy operation against
SCM only. After copy is done I turn on the second server and
propagate changes to it.

Probably final solution in this case will be just to have a
single server setup and propagate snapshots of /vice and /vicepa
to some other machine at regular intervals as a backup.