Coda File System

Re: crash in rvmlib_free (not necessarily) during repair

From: <u-codalist-rcma_at_aetey.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:30:14 +0000
Hi Piotr,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:53:31AM +0200, Piotr Isajew wrote:
> Is it possible, that 64-bit machine won't be compatible with
> 32-bit one for server?

I would expect then to be incompatible. I did not look at the relevant
code but according to old posts from Jan the format of the log data
between the servers correspponds to the internal representations, which
would/might differ for different endians or different word length.

> I try to use 32-bit for SCM with 64-bit non-SCM (both in same,
> wired network).

I never used 64-bit-servers, running the same Linux 32-bit server code
on all platforms being used for the servers (Linux and FreeBSD 32-
and 64-bit).

Rune